Frequently Asked Questions

What is an Emergency Services District?

Emergency Services Districts (ESDs) are very similar to municipal fire departments, because they provide most of the same services. TCESD#3 is responsible for providing emergency response in regards to medical and fire situations in Barton Creek and part of the Oak Hill area.
ESDs can levy property taxes, but no more than 10 cents per every $100 of taxable property value. The money that TCESD#3 receives funds and operates the Oak Hill Fire Department.

How can I reserve a room at the fire station for meetings?

The Barton Creek Station, located at 4111 Barton Creek Blvd., has several rooms that can be used for community meetings. There are varying table and seating arrangements to setup easily, such as:
Board Room
Click HERE for the fees and rules of use for these rooms.

The Circle Drive Station, located at 9211 Circle Drive, has a large, dividable meeting room that can also be used for community meetings or training sessions.

If you would like more information on reserving a room at either station, call our Administrative Offices at 512-288-5534 extension 201.

How do I get a fire engine to participate in an event I'm holding?

Oak Hill Fire Department firefighters are pleased to attend any event in the TCESD#3 Jurisdiction that offers a significant opportunity for public education on fire protection and emergency medical services.

To inquire about Oak Hill Fire Department participation in an event, please contact the Operations Battalion Chief at 512-288-5534 extension 205.

What are the regulations on outdoor burns?

The Oak Hill Fire Department requests that all outdoor burns be notified prior to initiation to the fire department at 288-5534 extension 300. This call serves two purposes: for you to verify that there is no burn ban in effect, and to prevent unnecessary emergency fire dispatches to investigate the burn. All outdoor burns must comply with the regulations of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ), which are published HERE.  

State law (§111.201 - 221) mandates that a responsible party be in attendance at all times, burning no earlier than an hour after sunrise and no later than an hour before sunset on the same day, winds must be between 6 to 23 mph, and there must be a means by which to extinguish the fire, among other requirements. State law also prohibits the burning of certain kinds of waste materials. The Dispatch Office can assist you with any questions you may have.  

The Oak Hill Fire Department now regulates any and all burns within its district. More information can be found HERE. Please remember that in Travis County the burn ban also comes into effect on ozone action days.

How can I become employed by the fire department?

Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have either a high school diploma or a GED. They must be certified or certifiable as a firefighter with the Texas Commission on Fire Protection and as a minimum an EMT-B with the Texas Department of State Health Services by date of hire.

More information can be found by clicking HERE.

Who do I contact for public information?

More information can be found by clicking HERE or by sending an email request to

What if I would like to make a general comment?

The Oak Hill Fire Department accepts general comments either via phone at 512-288-5534 extension 201 or via email to